With this episode of “Two True Freaks!”, Star Trek Monthly Monday turns 18 and is now legal. To celebrate, your hosts Chris Honeywell and Scott H. Gardner bring oodles and oodles of Trek Talk to keep you entertained! Awesome and exciting stories are shared, feedback is read, “thank yous” are bestowed, and the FIRST EVER Two True Freaks Contest is announced!!
Then it is on to the CLASSIC Television Episode “Operation: Annihilate” in which Captain Kirk races to save Spock, his nephew, and a million colonists from the horrible invasion of the Pizza Creatures!! This is one of the greats, folks. Buckle up!!
Next, the continuing Mirror Universe Saga thrills come fast and furious in DC Comics’ Star Trek #11 as, after 15 years, Kirk finally faces Mirror Kirk!!
Last, but never least, we warp into the 24th Century and examine the odd, but interesting Star Trek: The Next Generation Episode “Lonely Among Us” which ALSO features the crew of the Enterprise menaced by possessed colleagues!! Just how clueless can our heroes be while their friends clearly behave out-of-character? Listen to find out!!
Here They Are, Friends!! The Official Questions To The First-Ever Two True Freaks Contest (Listen to this week’s episode for details on how to enter!) —
1) What was the first Star Trek novel Scott deemed “fantastic” in a Star Trek Monthly Monday book review segment?
2) What was the first Star Trek film Scott saw “at the movies”?
3) What is Chris’ favorite Star Trek film?
4) Who composed the score to Star Trek: The Motion Picture?
5) What Star Trek: The Original Series episode was discussed on the third Star Trek Monthly Monday (The Freaks’ nickname for the episode is also acceptable)?
6) What tv channel did The Freaks watch Star Trek on as kids? (Bonus points if you can tell us the call letters of the station!)
7) What is the official Two True Freaks nickname for the Talosians? (Bonus points if you can tell us who coined the nickname!)
8) What is Chris’ nickname for The Gorgan from the Classic Trek episode “And The Children Shall Lead”?
9) What is Scott’s favorite Star Trek film?
10) What two classic and “super-powerful” alien races are involved in the first story arc of DC’s original Star Trek comic book series?
11) What’s the name of the “pussified Klingon” in DC’s first Star Trek comics series?
12) Which Star Trek Monthly Monday episode featured Kirk fighting a doppleganger in both the TV episode and the DC Comic that were reviewed?
NOTE — The Two True Freaks! now have a phone line where you can call and leave a completely inappropriate message – We just might use it on the show! It’s 585-COP-LURE!! ( 1-585-267-5873 )